Norcold, Inc. Product Recalls – Call 1-800-767-9101
The Norcold, Inc. refrigerators listed below have been recalled.Live Chat Support Software
It is important to implement this safety enhancement to prevent an unsafe elevation in the temperature of the cooling unit should the unit fail in operation. This enhancement seeks to minimize the risk of injury or death due to fire.
Norcold Inc. has decided to recall certain 1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211 model gas/electric refrigerators with serial numbers from 315525 to 13088811, non consecutively. The refrigerator's model and serieal number are located inside the fresh food compartment. These refrigerators may have cooling units with a cooling unit serial number between 700000 to 13085759. This is a new recall campaign to include all 1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211 models.
Even if your refrigerator was repaired as part of a previous recall, it is necessary to have it repaired again to minimize the risk of injury or death due to fire.
If you have one of these refrigerator models, use the following procedure:
- Identify and write down the refrigerator model. If it is a Norcold 1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211 model, go to step 2.
- Identify and write down the refrigerator serial number. If the serial number falls in the range of 315525 and 13088811, go to step 3.
- Identify and write down the cooling unit serial number. If the serial number falls in the range of 700000 and 13085759, go to step 4.
- Call your dealer immediately.
The installation of the High Temperature Sensor will be at no cost to you.
Owners of recalled refrigerators should NOT operate their refrigerator until it can be professionally repaired by your dealer or a Norcold authorized service center.
If you have one of the recalled refrigerators and you:
|Currently reside in the RV, you should immediately:
|| Do not currently reside in the RV, you should immediately:
Failure to follow these instructions can result in a fire causing injury or death.
To locate an authorized service center, click here:
Norcold, Inc. cannot accept responsibility if you do not immediately arrange to take your refrigerator into a Dealer/Service Center for repair. Moreover, you could be personally liable to third parties for property damage or bodily injuries resulting from your failure to have your refrigerator immediately repaired.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-767-9101,
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Models 1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211
1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211, 4 door refrigerators with cooling unit serial numbers ranging from 700000 to 13085759.
These refrigerators were installed as original equipment in vehicle model years 1997 to 2010. Other recalled refrigerators may have been purchased as replacement during the same period.
N600 and N800 Series Models 1082 Free-Standing LP Model
N841, N821, N641, N621 and 1082 gas/electric 2 door refrigerators, having cooling units with serial numbers from 1038000 to 1099000.
These refrigerators were mostly installed in, but limited to vehicle models 1999 to 2000.
Owners who have had the heater element replaced in one of these cooling units should call: 800-767-9101 to get their refrigerator upgraded to current product configuration.
How to Tell if Your Refrigerator Has Been Recalled
Smaller Gas Absorption Models
Due to a potential safety defect, Norcold has recalled the following smaller gas/electric refrigerator models, built from January, 1987 through May 1995, listed below.
If the serial number for your refrigerator model is within the specified range as listed below, the refrigerator’s gas valve needs to be remedied immediately. Refrigerator model and serial numbers can be viewed by looking on the inside right of your refrigerator cabinet.
Continued propane gas mode operation of a refrigerator under this recall could result in a fire causing injury or death.
If you own an affected model:
- Immediately switch your refrigerator's controls to AC power (or DC power, if available, while in transit). No LP gas power operation should occur because it could create an unsafe condition.
- Contact a servicing Dealer/Service Center to arrange a service date soon. The gas valve in your refrigerator will be replaced at no charge.
N260, N300, 322/323 Models
|Models||Built||Serial Numbers (ID Label inside the refrigerator)|
|322/323||August, 1992-August, 1999||lower than 734882|
|N260/N260.3||April, 1998-August, 1999||lower than 738527|
|N300/N300.3||April, 1998-August, 1999||lower than 738626|
Persons owning one of these models should:
- Turn the manual shut-off valve to OFF and operate it only on AC or DC power until the defect is repaired. (No gas leak can occur during AC or DC operation.)
- Contact a Dealer/Service Center to arrange a service date as soon as possible. A remedy kit, and the labor to install it, is free to the consumer.
- Call Norcold at 1-800-767-9101 with any questions; and to obtain the location of the nearest Norcold Service Center.